Newbie Guide & index

Go down

Newbie Guide & index

Post by Dark Moon on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Welcome! Have you just joined Moon-Wolves and need a little bit of help? If your an older member who needs to brush up on things, or just reviewing the site, you've come to the right place!

If you look at the picture above this sentence, you might be wondering what theses links are for. They're the main parts of Moon-Wolves.
The Home page lets you view the different forums( Introductions, General, etc.)
The Calender is well a calender.
FAQ is frequently asked questions.The questions and anwsers are to them are there.
Search: You can search for different posts or any posts containg a keyword.Like if your looking for a post containing the word "Cat" this will help you locate theses posts.
Members:All the members who have joined
Groups: Users that work or have volunteered on the site, like moderators or GHs.
Profile: The page other users can look at to get a little more information about you.If you click it, you can edit your profile.
Messages: PM's users have sent you.You can send a pm from there too.
And you probably know what Log out does.

Question:
How do I post links in signatures and posts?
Answer: It's called HTML and its very simple.All you have to use are url brackets shown at the top of a postwhen posting.Or just use this:
Code:
[url] Link Goes Here [/url]

If you want your link to look like words you click on, you have to make a few modfications.
Code:
 [url=link goes here] words go here [/url]

If you'd like to post a picture, get the image url by right clicking on it. Click "Copy" Or "Copy Shortcut",This is what it should look like:
Code:
[img]Image URL Goes Here[/img]

If you want to put in an image that is a link to it, you should do both the url and images.Like this:
Code:
[url=Link Goes Here][img]Image URL Goes Here[/img][/url]

Member Groups:
Admins Site Creaters, Runs site, can ban members, Chooses staff members
Moderators Moderates the forums, keeps threadsappropriate, etc.
General Helpers Volunteers that have decided to help out around the site.They Give advice, Help out newbies, Or help make a moderators life easier.We are not really part of the staff/team, just volunteers to help! Feel free to ask us for any help,advice, etc.
Artists Draw for the site
Temporary Artists Temporary drawers for the site.
Coders Umm they code the site
Think Tank 2k's personel helpers.They help give ideas for the site.Of course other usere=s can give their ideas too.

Forums

The forum is where announcements are made, roleplays are created, games are played, etc.
Moon wolves doesn't have a forum for everything yet but it soon might have them. Forums are sections where threads are put. Threads are topics put into a forum.

Making a topic
All you have to do is click new topic.

Last edited by Dark Moon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Moon

Welcome

View user profile http://felisfire.com/register

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Guide & index

Post by Dark Moon on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm aspiring to be an author someday and will do any kind of writing for you.Stories or backgrounds, etc. I will happily do for you.
Dark Moon

Welcome

View user profile http://felisfire.com/register

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie Guide & index

Post by Fengrym on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm

Thank you ^^
I think that really helps!
Fengrym

Cool

View user profile

Back to top Go down